James Atkins Photography (ABN 67 466 767 885 ) (‘James Atkins’) is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information. In order to preserve your trust, we want you to understand what personally identifiable or personal information we may collect from you when you visit our website, how we use such information, and the choices you have regarding our use of this information through the following channels (here and after, the Collection Channels):
(a) our online properties (here and after, each a “Website”), including:
(b) our websites, including, but not limited to www.jamesatkinsphotography.com
(c) any related entity or client website, social media page, internal website, intranet or client mobile or tablet applications;
(d) personal information provided to us by our clients and customers and personal information collected by us on behalf of our clients and customers as a result of the provision of professional services to our clients and customers; and;
(e) any other means through which an individual provides personal information to us and our clients, including either physically or electronically.
Personal information is important to us.
1. We are committed to safeguarding personal privacy. We recognise that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, we will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
Here is a list of the information we collect from you; either through our website or from receipt of direct communication from you, and why it is necessary to collect it:
Anonymity and pseudonymity
6. Where practicable, we will allow you to deal with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis. If this is practicable, our Collection Channels will only seek information in this way. However, where it is not practicable for the purposes for which information is collected, we will seek the information identified below. It will not be practicable to deal with you on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis when we wish to send you direct marketing materials or need to provide you with goods or services requested by you.
Kinds of Personal Information that we Collect and Hold
7. Personal information that we may request or collect includes:
a. contact information such as your full name, date of birth, telephone number, mobile telephone number, email address, residential address and postcode;
b. more detailed contact preferences;
c. information regarding your personal and professional interests;
d. information about your employment history and future plans;
e. documents relating to your employment;
f. information about your education and qualifications;
g. information about your personal preferences;
h. enquiry and complaint details;
i. competition and promotion entries;
j. information about your experience with our products or services or third party products or services. This information is requested in order to tailor our or our clients’ subsequent communications to you and continuously improve our or assist our clients to improve their products and services;
k. the contact details of third parties. If you are asked to provide details about other people, please ensure that these individuals are happy for their details to be given to us and used for the purposes set out in this policy (which may include using their details for marketing purposes);
m. any other personal information requested or required by a Collection Channel.
8. We will only collect sensitive information with your consent. Where you provide us with any sensitive information (including, but not limited to, information about your racial or ethnic origin, religious affiliation, political opinions, sexual orientation and/or medical or criminal history) we will only use this information for the purposes stated on the Collection Channel. We do not retain this information in our database. We may conduct police checks for prospective employees.
How We Collect and Hold Personal Information
Active Information Collection
10. Personal information may be collected (and combined) by us if you:
b. sign-up and/or register to become a member of any Collection Channel, or provide your details to us or our clients via any Collection Channel;
c. subscribe to any newsletters, updates, alerts or news and media releases, or request information about our products or services or third party products or services;
d. complete and submit any forms or surveys to us or our clients, either physically or electronically;
e. contact us or our clients directly in person or via any medium including mail, telephone, social media and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) including via the contact details listed on a Website;
f. participate in any offers, competitions, promotions or marketing activities;
g. conspicuously publish your information, including on social media;
h. interact with a Website for a specific purpose;
i. interact with or browse a Website generally; or
j. otherwise provide your personal information to us or our clients.
11. Personal information is requested in order to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, and information about such content, products or services (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website), marketing materials, newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters), news and media releases / launch information, and also to advise you of other Havas, client or third party products, services, offers, competitions or events which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in us or our clients being unable to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, products or services information, upcoming promotion, competition, offer or event information or accept competition or promotion entries (where applicable).
12. We may also obtain your personal information from legitimate third party sources including social media and from list brokers, our clients and other data providers or organisations that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or you have given permission for them to do so.
13. Personal information will not be collected by any person who we know to be under the age of fifteen (15) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Persons under age fifteen (15) may only use our Websites with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Passive Information Collection
14. As with many commercial websites, we and our clients may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our Websites. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a Website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a Website is accessed via links in an email we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a Website. By accessing a Website via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a Website generally, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
16. We may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information or personal information with information from various third party sources, including as described in paragraph 15, to provide better service to Website visitors and users, customise a Website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve a Website for your use. We may combine your visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with personally identifiable information from time to time in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a Website, you consent to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way.
17. We may also provide such passively collected anonymous and/or personal information to trusted third parties. This information, which may be combined with other anonymous and/or personal information, may be used to serve advertisements or other content to you via our Websites or third party websites that they believe may be of interest to you.
18. For more information about cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com.au/.
Purposes for which James Atkins collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information
19. Personal information collected will be collected, used and/or disclosed for the following primary purposes:
b. For the purposes stated in a privacy collection statement on a particular Collection Channel.
c. To provide you with information about your transactions (including uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website), content, services and products.
d. To provide direct marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.
e. To maintain our relationship with you.
f. To render services related to our business.
g. To conduct competitions, offers, promotions and/or marketing activities on behalf of James Atkins or our clients and customers, including contacting the winners of such competitions and promotions.
h. To respond to employment enquiries.
i. To manage your employment with us (if applicable).
j. To provide you with newsletters via mail and electronic newsletters (e-newsletters) via commercial electronic messages.
k. To respond to customer enquiries.
l. To improve Website and system administration.
m. To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other research and development.
n. To record statistical data for marketing analysis and to conduct market research.
o. To share personal information with our group companies, our promotional partners and other trusted third parties.
p. To collect, hold, use and disclose personal information as stated above, for the purpose of providing professional services to our clients and customers.
20. For the purposes described above, personal information may be shared with , promotional partners, clients and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents) either in Australia or overseas. Failure to provide personal information may result in us or our clients being unable to provide you with certain content, products and services and/or to accept promotion entries (where applicable).
21. In order to operate a Website or deliver a service, personal information may also be shared with, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties either in Australia or overseas countries. Our selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties may be engaged to perform a variety of functions, such as data storage, conducting market research, assisting with promotions and providing technical services for our or our clients’ Websites. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions.
Contact by James Atkins Photography
23. We and our group companies (and their directors, servants and agents), our promotional partners or trusted third parties (and other selected service providers and other professionals) either in Australia or overseas, may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
25. Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and marketing information, we may send you non-commercial “Administrative Emails”. Administrative Emails may relate to a user account and may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries or information about a particular user account. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may remove your name from the database by utilising the functional unsubscribe facility.
Ability of others to view information
26. We may provide areas on a Website where you can upload user-generated content, post or provide information about yourself, communicate with other users, provide reviews for content, products and/or services or interact with or vote on particular content. This information may be shared with others and may be publically posted on our Websites, including without limitation, other social media platforms and other public forums in which you choose to participate. This information may become publicly available and may be read, collected and used by others outside of our Websites. We are not responsible for the conduct of others who may read, collect and use this information.
Your right of access
27. You have the right to access and review your personal information that may be recorded on our database. Information may be reviewed by contacting our Privacy Officer. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
28. Information contained on the database may be amended, or your preferences for contact from us changed, by contacting our privacy officer via officer via mail: James Atkins, Privacy Officer,100/30 Nobbs St, Surry Hills NSW 2010.email: james@jamesatkinsphotography.
29. In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in James Atkins and its clients being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website), other content, services or product information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide certain content, goods or services.
30. We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
Storage and security of personal information
31. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded, and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage providers. In some cases these facilities may be overseas, including.
Links to other websites
32. Websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you, such as our clients. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. We are not responsible, nor do we accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Websites.
33. We may use third party advertisements on our Websites. All third party advertising, if paid for, is paid for by the relevant third party advertisers and are not recommendations or endorsements by us or any of our affiliates. We are not responsible for the content (including representations) of any third party advertisement on a Website. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign. We do not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
Problems or queries
Address: 100/30 Nobbs St, Surry Hills NSW 2010
Telephone: +61 417 662 968
Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed. If you do not receive a satisfactory response to your query, problem or complaint within 30 days, you may refer your query, problem or complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page.